Creating a shop
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Creating a shop in Barion
Creating a shop is mandatory for managing payments via the Barion API. This article guides you through the creation of a shop in the Barion system.
Steps to create a shop
- Log in to your Barion wallet on the website. Barion also offers a Sandbox environment for testing purposes - learn more about the Sandbox here.
- Click the "Manage my shops" menu, then click the "Create new shop" button above the grid.
- Enter the necessary data (see below) on the appearing form. You can save your shop in draft mode at any time. You will receive a confirmation email about your newly opened shop, which contains your POSKey. This is the authentication key you will need to send a request to the Barion API.
- After you entered ALL data, you can send your shop for approval. In the Sandbox environment, shops are approved instantly, but you still have to press this button!
- In the live environment, your shop will be approved by the Barion staff in a short time.
- After your shop is approved and open, you can send requests to the API.
|Shop name||The name of the shop. Must be unique in the Barion system, and must be compliant with your organization or business. General names like "my test shop", "online jewellery store" or "postal service" will not be approved!|
|Shop description||A short description about the shop. This is to help the Barion staff identify the shop as a valid business.|
|Shop URL||The URL to the owner's website, or the webshop itself, if applicable.|
|Avatar||An image representing the organization or business. This should be your company logo. Avoid stock photos and such - if the image is misleading or irrelevant to your business, your shop will not be approved!|
|Category||Set appropriate categories that apply to your business. If your business does not fall into the selected categories, your shop will not be approved!|