To make real payments, you need a contract with Barion. Contracting is done by accepting the Terms & Conditions in an online registration. No paperwork or hassle. Each merchant needs a Barion account, or Wallet, as we call it. Payments are credited onto this account, immediately after payment.
You can register on the live Barion server at https://secure.barion.com/Registration
Approval & KYC
Barion is a regulated business, many of our processes are bound by laws. We are mandated to check each shop and approve it manually. Only shops that are legal and comply with our Terms & Conditions are allowed. Barion does not support gambling and adult content, even if it is legal. If you are in a risky business or not sure, consult our experts before starting development.
Upon approval, you will be asked to provide additional information (such as company papers) about your shop. Providing inaccurate information may delay the approval of your shop. Upon reaching certain limits, or by the decision of our staff, you will be asked to go through a process called KYC (Know Your Customer), which is the identification process mandated by Anti Money Laundering (AML) laws.
Token or recurring payment must be further approved. Since token payment basically allows you to carry out payments at will, this option is only available for trustworthy companies. Contact our experts well in advance, if you plan to use this option.
Change URL and POSKey and it works
To go live, the following changes must be made in the payment solution. We advise to make these parameters, so you can easily switch between the sandbox and live servers.
- API endpoint URL must be changed to live (https://api.test.barion.com -> https://api.barion.com)
- Payment GUI redirect URL must be changes to live (https://secure.test.barion.com/pay -> https://secure.barion.com/pay)
- POSKey must be changed to the live and approved shop's POSKey (a common mistake to leave the sandbox here)
- Return URL must be changed, if you are using your own sandbox shop
- Callback URL must be changed, if you are using your own sandbox shop
- E-mail addresses of Payee-s used in PaymentTransaction structure in /Payment/Start call, if different in sandbox
- Certificates, if checking server certificates
- If using token payment, sandbox Tokens will not work in the live system
Requirement for Smart Package
Make sure you fulfill all requirements of your choosen price package. Please refer to Getting started for requirements.
Logos are available in many formats and sizes (PNG, WMF, AI, PDF, CDR, SVG) and a PDF guide helps placement. Please follow the guide and do not make changes to the official logo.
Please find the banner guide and logos here: https://download.barion.com/barion/barion-smart-payment-banners.zip
You must include Barion payment in your own Terms & Conditions. Our staff will check it and will only approve shops with properly formulated legal texts.
Please refer to the Security Measures page for more information on IT security before going live.
Contact and support
Please refer to Getting support for more information.