Creating a shop
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Creating a shop in Barion
Creating a shop is mandatory for managing payments via the Barion API. This article guides you through the creation of a shop in the Barion system.
How to create a shop in Barion
- Login to your Barion wallet on the website. Barion also offers a Sandbox environment for testing purposes - learn more about the Sandbox here.
- Click Manage my shops > Create new shop.
- Fill out the displayed form with the relevant properties. You can save your shop in draft mode at any time. You receive a confirmation email about your newly opened shop, which contains your POSKey. This is the authentication key you need to send a request to the Barion API.
- After you filled out all fields, send your shop for approval. In the Sandbox environment, you still have to press this button even though shops are approved instantly.
- In the Live environment, the Barion staff approves your shop shortly.
- After your shop is approved and open, you can send requests to the API.
|Shop name||The name of the shop. Must be unique in the Barion system, and must be compliant with your organization or business. Generic names like "my test shop", "online jewelry store" or "postal service" are not accepted.|
|Shop description||A short description of the shop. This is to help the Barion staff identify the shop as a valid business.|
|Shop URL||The URL to the owner's website, or the webshop itself, if applicable.|
|Avatar||An image representing the organization or business. This should be your company logo. Avoid stock photos and such - if the image is misleading or irrelevant to your business, your shop will not be approved!|
|Category||Set appropriate categories that apply to your business. If your business does not fall into the selected categories, your shop will not be approved!|